Heart Journey Sessions
What if everything you truly desired was already within you, and all you needed to do was to stop refusing this gift and allow your life of your deepest desires to unfold?
I call this saying in Yes! to life. You can tell where you are saying Yes, because:
- Those areas of your life flow with ease
- You feel relaxed and at peace
- You trust that whatever unfolds in those areas of life will be okay, and that even when challenges come up, that you will be able to handle them
I call the places you are refusing the unfolding gift of your deepest desires saying No! to life. You can tell where you are saying No! because:
- You have inner conflicts about these areas
- You feel stuck, stressed and/or frustrated
- You feel like even when things seem to be going okay in the moment, that it could unravel at any time and the thought of that causes anxiety or even panic.
What if all it took to go from stuck, stressed and frustrated to flowing with ease was to learn how to say Yes! to life, instead of No!?
It Really Is That Simple
In fact, you probably already say “Yes!” in some areas of life—maybe relationships that work, careers that flow, personal growth that flourishes, for example—but you have learned to resist the flow life as well. Ingrained habits that keep you doing the same things even when you want something more, hidden patterns that blind you to possibility; belief systems that limit who you believe you can be; mind loops that replay the insecurities, fears and other limiting obstacles that cause you to say “No!” to life, often so far outside your conscious awareness that if you realize it at all, it shows up as a twinge in your belly, a tightening in the heart, a deep-seated feeling that you are missing out.
You can tell where you are saying “No!” to life because those are the areas where you feel stuck, stressed and frustrated, where you have the same thoughts, relationships or situations arise again and again, where you struggle two steps forward just to get knocked three steps back. This is Life trying to get your attention, trying to get you to realize that you are saying “No!” so that you can learn how to say “Yes!” and get into—or back into—the flow of Life.
The challenge is that you’ve been taught to say “No!” so unconsciously and so completely with disempowering assumptions and beliefs that no longer serve you, that the background hum of inner conflict has become normal, stress is ever-present, frustration a constant companion. Living from No! is such an ingrained habit that most people don’t even realize they are doing it.
Until they feel what it’s like to start saying Yes!
I can help you say Yes!
Heart Journey Sessions
Heart Journey Sessions start with where you feel stuck, stressed or frustrated and use a combination of somatic release and heart-centered hypnosis*** to dissolve the outdated beliefs, unhelpful assumptions and other hidden patterns that keep you conflicted.
As they release, it creates space for your deep desires—the desires of your authentic self, your spiritual core, your Wild Heart—to spontaneously arise.
This unraveling process is interactive and led by your wild heart in cooperation with your body intelligence, so you release the blocks in the best order and at the best pace for you—and in a way minimizes interference from your mind, the part of you that keeps your old patterns and obstacles alive. We use the subconscious languages of emotion, sensation, images, pictures and metaphor, which are the best medium of communication with your deeper self.
Generally, there is a portion in which I guide you on a heart journey visualization to reinforce the transformation of the session; I record this portion so that you can listen to it again and again, which helps entrain the changes throughout your subconscious to more thoroughly shift your conscious experience.
Heart Journey Sessions are by phone (or Skype if you are overseas), are generally 90 minutes long, and are best scheduled 2-3 weeks apart to allow the transformation of each session to fully integrate before the next session. The number of sessions for optimal impact differs for each person. Most people have 3-5 sessions up front to clear the most pressing areas of No! and then continue as they become aware of new areas of conflict, or to work with deeper layers of the same areas of conflict. Your Wild Heart is your guide, and through this process you learn to say Yes! and trust its direction.
Because this process is lead by the heart, and not the mind, the results of each session are highly subjective. The first thing most people notice a new level of relaxation with their life and in their bodies, and as that calm moves through their lives they notice that they approach life differently, make different decisions, have options appear that they had never noticed before, feel more comfortable in their bodies and more at home in their life as it blossoms in new and exciting ways.
Each session builds on one another, and so as you continue the process, you will notice foundational shifts in your life that are unique to you. You will also notice that you are living in a way that feels more “you” than you had before. Heart Journey transformation is so deep and is so total that there is little or no “work” to this new experience of you, although you always have a choice about whether to live from this new freedom or to retreat back into old, familiar limitations.
Living from Yes!
You experience how to be in the emotional immediacy of each moment without shutting down or checking out, and also how to be in this immediacy while maintaining the panoramic view of your Wild Heart. Far from making life distant or sterile, it allows an intensity and engagement that is exhilarating rather than draining, expansive rather than just surviving the moment, and opens you to a fuller experience of life by allowing you to live it without it being managed by the definitions of the past.
Is the Heart Journey Process for You?
Only you can answer this, but anyone feeling stuck, stressed or frustrated is saying No! in at least one area of their lives. It’s up to you to decide what you want to do about it. That being said, there are specific groups of people who may especially benefit from this work. If you are going through any of these challenges, the Heart Journey process may be for you:
- Midlife Crisis: Are you suddenly faced with the fear that you are not where you want to be in life, that the best years of your life are behind you, that you no longer sure who you are because the life you have built no longer defines you? Are the things you hold true about yourself, the world, and life crumbling around you, and you want to find an authentic way forward and explore what is really true for you.
- Life Transition: Are you making a career, relationship, lifestyle or career change, and want to align those changes with your Wild Heart and spiritual core? Are you redefining your life after sending the last child to college or out of the house? Are you rebuilding after a relationship collapse and don’t want to bring your old baggage into a new relationship?
- Spiritual Crisis: Life challenges often causes the beliefs you have about Spirit, God or the Universe to change, crumble, feel false or prove inadequate to meet the needs and circumstances of your life. Have you found that what you thought you believed in no longer works for you and you want to discover what is true for you rather than find a new, prepackaged “belief system.”
- Health Challenge: Are you having a health challenge and want to explore your healing process from a mind/body/spirit view? Are you repeating the health challenges of a parent and want to let go of that pattern for you? Do you suspect that the health issues you are experiencing are based in old emotional patterns you want to be free of? Are your health issues stress related, or do you feel that reducing your stress would improve your health?
- Caretakers: Are you a caretaker for a parent, child, spouse/partner or friend? I know how emotionally (and physically & spiritually) challenging this can be. I honed the Heart Journey process in myself as I was caring for a family member and helping him make his end-of-life transition. As challenging and stressful as this time can be, when you have the tools to say Yes! to life as it unfolds and be fully present with your own emotional responses as well as the needs of the person you are caring for as well as the often crazy family dynamics that arise, the more it can be a growing experience and the less stressful it can feel.
- End-of-Life Transition: Do you have an illness or condition that may transition you from this life? Our culture does not deal with this transition well, often preferring to ignore it, deny it or try to “stay positive” as if death is a failure and not a fact of life. It can also be very hard to talk with family and close friends about your emotional and spiritual needs in this time. The Heart Journey process can help you let of fears, reduce inner conflict, release guilt and connect you to your spiritual core to help prepare you for this transition.
Contact Me to Start Today
I’m no longer accepting new clients and recommend you contact the amazing Kevin Peer who also does heart-oriented hypnosis in person and over the phone.
You can find him at Inner Alliance . net
*** CCHT (Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist) – North Carolina has not adopted education or training standards for the practice of hypnotism, and so the statement of credential is for informational purposes only. Hypnotism is a self-regulating profession and licensed under the “Healing Arts” license issued by the State of North Carolina. In addition, the State of North Carolina only allows the term “therapist” to be used in conjunction with hypnotism for those who hold licenses specific to the medical and mental health fields. This is why I often use the term Clinical Hypnotist rather than Clinical Hypnotherapist while practicing in North Carolina. I am not a licensed health care provider and may not provide a medical diagnosis nor recommend that a client discontinue medically prescribed treatments.